Simplifying Sustainability Decisions
SIMAP™ (Sustainability Indicator Management and Analysis Platform) is a carbon and nitrogen-accounting platform that can track, analyze, and improve your campus-wide sustainability. Our proven algorithms will help you:
- Create a baseline
- Benchmark your performance
- Create reports
- Set goals
- Analyze your progress year over year
Your Campus Footprint
CO2 emissions from generating power, treating waste, daily commuting, and even the use of paper, contribute to a campus' carbon footprint. Reducing these greenhouse gas emissions will help slow the effects of climate change and global warming.
Reactive nitrogen can result from everyday activities like food service, energy use, transportation, and ground fertilizer. Reducing your nitrogen footprint can provide benefits to air and water quality, while helping prevent climate change.
While SIMAP offers basic functionality at no cost, we also offer two premium subscription levels that provide additional features at a nominal license fee. Our model allows UNH to cover the costs of continuing to offer and support this tool for the good of the entire campus-based sustainability community.
A basic SIMAP subscription provides free access to our web platform, where you can use the available tools to help calculate the carbon and nitrogen footprints of your campus. Data can be entered manually and stored for up to two months.
Tier 1 ($350*):
Tier 1 features include:
- Import and export of all input data, emissions factors, and results
- Customizable emissions factors for all sources
- Administration of multiple user accounts under one single institutional account
- Nitrogen footprint results based on GHG inventory data (and/or food purchasing data)
- Export to the Second Nature Reporting Platform for Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitment signatories
Tier 2 (TBD):
Available Fall 2018. The following are examples of features that may be included with Tier 2:
- Customizable report templates
- Auto-reporting to other platforms
- "Projections" and "solutions" analysis to assist with Climate Action Planning
- Complete Scope 3 reporting module (based on the WRI Scope 3 Protocol)
- Benchmarking capabilities based on sector averages and peer institutions
* The UNH Sustainability Institute has significant discounts with various organizational partners for its members. If you are a member, you will receive a coupon code for the appropriate discount.